March of ISF
Started in 1992, the Indian Shoe Federation has come a long way and many leading manufacturers and exporters of footwear and footwear components from India are its members.
In addition to helping its members to constantly upgrade technology, use best materials and skill, maintain strict quality control and fine tune customer orientation, the ISF co-ordinates with the Government in overcoming procedural and policy bottlenecks for smooth conduct of the business. Its pro-active initiatives have helped the industry tremendously and have brought it to the position of eminence that it enjoys today.
The ISF is committed to promoting the growth of the Indian Footwear Industry globally through the adoption of modern, transparent and superior industry practices. To facilitate this process, the ISF is actively pursuing the following initiatives with a missionary zeal:
- Setting up training centers at various footwear clusters.
- Partnering with National Productivity Council to set-up standard norms for various footwear manufacturing operations.
- Implementing productivity improvement techniques in various footwear factories.
- Promoting Indian Design Capabilities and helping in "advanced preparedness" of the industry through the "Design Station' project in collaboration with CLE, CLRI and UNIDO.
- Promoting Joint Venture and Foreign Direct Investments in collaboration with the CLE.
ISF is taking the lead to guide the Indian Footwear Industry to greater heights and international visibility. Join ISF in their endeavour and strengthen its hands.